1. We believe the Holy Bible to be the Inspired Word of God, without error in its autographs, the complete revelation of His Will for the salvation of man, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and conduct. It is all-sufficient in matters of faith, doctrine, and Christian living. It is, infallible, inspired, and inerrant throughout. The Bible does not merely contain the Word of God; it is the Word of God
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternal, existing in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life and died on the Cross as a perfect once for all sacrifice for the sins (past, present, and future) of all mankind, according to the teachings of the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead as He said, three days after His crucifixion, was seen by many, ascended into Heaven, and is now at the Right Hand of the Majesty on High as our High Priest and Advocate for all who believe.
4. We believe the Holy Spirit is fully God as the Son and Father are also. Furthermore, we believe the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age, known as the Church Age, He convicts man of sin, righteousness, and judgment. He regenerates the believing sinner, and indwells, guides, instructs, gifts, empowers, "s.h.a.p.e.s" and seals the believer for godly living and service.
5. We believe humans were created in the image of God and as such have natural born worth, but fell into sin, that is we all also inherit a sin nature, and are therefore lost, spiritually dead, and without hope apart from Christ. Only through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and regeneration by the work of the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
6. We believe that eternal salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from man's works, and is possessed by any and all who have faith in and receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
7. We believe that the vicarious substitutionary death of the Lord Jesus Christ and his bodily resurrection from the dead provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive the Lord Jesus Christ through faith are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God. Further, we believe once a person has become a child of God they cannot become otherwise; i.e. a beleiver cannot lose their salvation
8. We believe in a regenerated church membership: that is, only persons old enough to understand their need for Jesus Christ and, of their own free will, have accepted Him as their personal Lord and Savior are valid candidates for church membership. Furthermore, we believe in the priesthood of all believers: that is that all christains are essentially equal before God and by his calling are priest before God under their Lord, Savior, & High Priest King Jesus.
9. We believe that water Baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper, as a memorial of Christ's suffering and death on the cross, are the two ordinances to be observed by the local church in its present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means of salvation. We believe it is both the duty and privilege of every believer to be baptized by immersion once, and to partake of the Lord’s Supper as often as it is celebrated.
10. We believe in the personal, bodily, imminent, and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ and that His Second Coming inspires believers for dynamic and zealous life and service for Him while waiting for His return.
11. We believe God designed the family as the foundational institution of human society. It is composed of persons related to one another by marriage, blood, or adoption. Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime. It is God's unique gift to reveal the union between Christ and His church and to provide for the man and the woman in marriage the framework for intimate companionship, the channel of sexual expression according to biblical standards, and the means for procreation of the human race.
12. We believe in the person of Satan, also known as the Devil, the Dragon, the Deceiver, and Accuser of the Brethren. Further, we believe that Jesus Christ completely defeated Satan at the Cross and will punish him with everlasting punishment in the Lake of Fire at the end when he returns in judgment. We further believe that Satan is not to be trifled with even though we fully affirm he is a created being unequal with and under the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ
13. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, the everlasting blessedness of the saved in heaven, and the everlasting punishment and separation from God of the unsaved in hell.
14. We believe in the autonomy of the local church. The church shall manage its own affairs and shall not be subject to any other religious body or organization.
15. We believe every born again spirit filled believer is called of God to a few basic tasks related to the Christian faith. As members of the body of Christ each one is equally called to:
1) Maintain a consistent study of God's word (the Bible) & prayer life,
2) Regularly participate in the fellowship & ministry of the local church to which they belong.
3) Wholeheartedly embrace the right & responsibility of supporting the work of the Lord among their fellowship through the use of their unique God-given s.h.a.p.e., tithes & offerings, and time as the Lord directs.
4) Faithfully participate in the Great Commandments & the Great Commission spiritual disciplines of evangelism & discipleship.
16. We subscribe to the "Baptist Faith and Message" adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 2000 as our larger statement of faith with scriptural references.
Southside Baptist Church
7572 Vincent Rd
Denham Springs, 70726
Or use our contact form.
Spread the word and raise awareness about what we do. The best way to do it is through social networking!